Directions of research
Main research directions
The studies conducted by the Institute are interdisciplinary since they combine nuclear physics, elementary particle physics, material physics, astrophysics, methods of simulation, computer technologies for big data processing, nuclear-physical methods and technics of modern experiment.
Main research directions:
- Development of comprehensive software, mathematical and informational models for the constructed and prospective nuclear reactors and nuclear units, their control, management and automation systems for the analysis, justification, verification and validation of design solutions, ensuring of safe operation, creation of engineering, analytical and training simulators.
- Development and study of prospective (tolerant) types of nuclear fuel and structural materials.
- Development of new experimental methods and facilities, conducting of studies using beams of heavy ions and high-energy hadrons.
- Experiments at the existing and future super-colliders: development and modernization of detectors, search for new particles and interactions.
- Fundamental and applied research in the field of cosmophysics and astrophysics.