The strategic aim is the creation and development of the world level scientific and educational center in the field of nuclear physics and technology, radiation materials science, elementary particle physics, astrophysics and cosmophysics.
The strategy of the INPhE development is aimed to taking leading positions in the following areas:
● nuclear energy of the XXI century (multicomponent nuclear energy, closed fuel cycle, nuclear waste disposal, NPP safety);
● radiation and beam technologies (materials science, radiation physics, electronics, etc);
● high-energy physics and elementary particle physics, astrophysics and cosmophysics (new states of matter, ultrahigh-energy particles, spin and polarization effects, properties of neutrino, and gamma-ray astronomy);
● applied aspects of the solar-terrestrial physics, improving of methods for monitoring of potentially hazardous processes in the Earth's atmosphere and near-Earth space;
● new system of training of personnel for the science-intensive sectors of the economy/